The team at McAlister Family Law have over the years represented some of the country’s leading Superintendents who have faced divorce, family and children disputes.
Whether you are an acting superintendent or are a chief superintendent, our team have the knowledge and expertise to guide you through. For superintendents facing divorce, it is paramount that early advice is sought as the law surrounding pensions is relatively complex. It is likely that your pension is the most valuable asset of the marriage and it is essential that you understand the options available to you so that you can make the decision that works for you.
In addition to our general services, our team has the following expertise which is specific to police cases:
- Advice in relation to pensions and divorce and the best option for your case: Whether you are a member of the old or new pension scheme, our of experts has specialist knowledge in this area and can advise as to which arrangement would be the most suitable for the circumstances of your case.
- Advising as to the right valuation to be used for your pension and challenging arguments when valuation assumptions are not agreed.
- Advising in relation to pre and post-marital contributions and whether they can be excluded from the final settlement.
- Advising as to whether a clean break settlement can be achieved so that you can move on without any further financial claims.
- Drafting pre and post nuptial agreements and advising as to the enforceability of either: advising in relation to child contact arrangements our Child Law team are experts in advising as to how child contact routines can work around demanding shift patterns